Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter 2016: Blossomed Branches, Lamb and Dominoes

Doesn't it feel like spring came on very quickly this year? Flowers that were just blooming last year (according to my Timehop) have already come and gone. I'm trying to enjoy the little bit of time we have together, so after doing a bit of yardwork the other day, I snipped these pink blossomed branches to admire from the comfort of my couch.

Blooms never last as long as I'd like!

For whatever reason, I haven't spent Easter with family since high school, but this year our family decided to get together for a lovely evening of delicious treats and laughter.

 It wasn't warm per se, but I just really wanted to wear this new linen dress.

 We had a fantastic meal of rack of lamb, couscous, sugar snap peas and this scrumptious lemon almond cake.

And believe it or not, I played my first game of dominoes! We learned how to play Mexican Train dominoes and it was so fun. 

1 comment:

Laura R. said...

I have a jar of lemon curd in my pantry. I think I need to make that cake! I took a blueberry gateau to a brunch today. I played Mexican Train with my college roommates and now my parents are really into it. I don't like playing often, though, because the noise of the dominos gives me a headache! My hearing is annoyingly sensitive.