Monday, January 25, 2016

Jams of January

Lawdy day, it's been a long while since I shared my jams. Let's not waste time on excuses, shall we, and let's just dig into what I'm digging these days.

Super Crush Jam: Oscar Isaac



I, like everyone else, was somehow immune to his charms until this year, when he unleashed his dazzling smile on the unsuspecting populace in Star Wars and his incredible disco dance moves in Ex Machina. I'm most fascinated by how adaptable his face can be with slight changes to his hair, both on his head and on his face. Plus, he's charming and adorable in interviews.

Cooking Cheat Jam: Alexia's Harvest Saute
Alexia's Harvest Saute is basically my weeknight dinner secret weapon these days. It's not easy to find (I can only seem to find it stocked in my Kroger), but it's just one of the better frozen veggie sides I've ever had. The potatoes get good and crispy and the veggies are soggy at all. It's perfect for those chicken breast, pork chop or steak entrees.

Work Lunch Jam: Fresh Express Salad Kits
Confession: I know it's bad for the environment when I buy a lot of pre-packaged food with lots of little compartments, but I'm just terrible about making lunch for work before I leave in the mornings. If I buy all the fixin's for salads, I end up tossing half of the ingredients because I was running late a couple days. So, my new favorite solution is picking up a few of these little salad kits that are the perfect size and come in lots of options so I don't get bored. I'm particularly partial to the Santa Fe Greek

Drugstore Lipstick Jam: Maybelline Creamy Matte



I've tried expensive brands and cheap brands of matte lipstick and with a couple of exceptions, they all end up drying and flaking. So I was pretty impressed with the staying power and creaminess of this Maybelline Creamy Matte in All Fired Up, a hot pink that has been helping me beat the winter doldrums. I won't lie to you: there will come a point in the night when it won't look perfect if you've been eating or drinking. But that's true of any lipstick. The colors are also super on-trend.

Snow Day Jam: Cinnamon Bun Oreos


I personally believe snow days and Oreos go together like hot cocoa and marshmallows. I try to banish Oreos from my existence when I can, but winter is my downfall. Perhaps sensing this, the fine people at Nabisco just released Cinnamon Bun Oreos, and they are pretty delectable.

What's your jam these days? I'd be remiss not to mention the week we lost to Making a Murderer, or the other week we lost to Jessica Jones. Those feel like fever dreams!

No comments: