Thursday, September 3, 2015

I Spy: Vintage Bingo, Art Ideas & More Cowbell

I had a dentist appointment in Williamsburg on Monday, which meant: ANTIQUING!!! I rarely have had time this summer to wander the aisles the way I prefer, so it was nice to carve out some time. I saw lots of great art options and a few other special treasures. Let's go virtual antiquing to the Williamsburg Antique Mall!

Class up the joint with these French architectural prints of urns in gorgeous burlwood frames, a little bit pricey at $95.


Add a little disco glam to the home office or man cave with these chrome midcentury table lamps, $175 each.

I mean....we all need this on our work desks right? Do your best Harry Truman impression with this desk accessory, $29.

I need more candlesticks like I need another hole in my head, but this bronze cobra stunner still caught my eye. What a sexy, exotic home accessory, right? But for $42, it was a little rich for my blood.

If you like the idea of adopting a relative, you could rarely do better than this icy Hitchcock blonde. This could be a great portrait to add a little kooky glamour, and they're rarely as well priced as this at $75.


In all seriousness, I think a vintage Bingo kit is kind of a great idea. I'm not sure what the total cost of all these pieces would be, but the spinner is $23.

 This midcentury abstract print would be a great focal point to design a room's color scheme around, or would tuck into a gallery wall quite nicely. A steal at $37!

Whether used for food or just as a display piece, this Japanese plate would be a great little treasure. I love how the wave patterns look both ancient and modern. $20.

I am not a fan of colored mats in general, but I thought this $26 1950s watercolor of fashionable women by the Arc de Triomphe was lovely. It seems like something that would have hung in Joan Holloway Harris' apartment!

If I didn't have a lot of art at all, I love the idea of making a splash with just a few really quirky statement pieces and this incredibly crafted wood inlay alligator is a great contender. How cool would that be crawling up a narrow wall, or over a fireplace? The bad news is that I couldn't get close enough to see the price, so I'm not really sure how pricey this big boy would be.

Ever wanted to ring a bell and yell "soup's on" at supper time? I think this shiny rustic cow bell would do the trick for $25.

Gosh, do I love a woodcut print! Always a great graphic addition to any art collection and most especially to a gallery wall. Imagine it on a whole wall of black-and-white art...suddenly, I really really want that to happen in my house. This print is called "Old City Hall" and was a steal at $24.50!

And last but not least, if you have beaucoup bucks for a labor of love, I plead you buy and restore these Eero Saarinen chairs for Knoll. $975 for the pair, and the cushioning felt stiff and crunchy, the upholstery super dingy. I think they'd have to be professionally cleaned, if not reupholstered. But man, oh man, are they gorgeous!

Going treasure hunting reminded me it's about time to get serious about working on our interiors again, especially since leaves have already started to tumble in our backyard! Debating where to begin, but I'm thinking painting our master bedroom or removing the wallpaper in the guest room might be first.

No comments: