Thursday, May 1, 2014

What We're Eating These Days

Much to Sean's chagrin, I'm trying to make at least our weekday eating a little healthier. So that means we're eating a lot of nearly identical food, based on these snaps:

Chicken, rubbed with herbs de provence, cooked in olive oil with the eensiest pat of butter.

And tilapia, rubbed with blackening spice (my fave!). Also, a failed experiment to make crispy spinach in the oven....nope! I'm pretty sure it's gotta be flash-fried to deliver what I'd want. We'll get there.

What are you eating these days that's a little healthier? I'm all open to tips!

1 comment:

Laura R. said...

oh girl, your spinach pic made me LOL. thanks for keeping it real. :) tilapia and chicken are always a good choice. if you haven’t tried mashed cauliflower or spaghetti squash, you gotta get on that. they're at least worth trying. we LOVE them. I only use butter, salt and pepper to season both, but you could add sour cream or milk to the cauliflower (use an immersion blender if you have one). The autumn chopped salad on espressoandcream.com is FAB (I’ve used apples instead of pears before).