Thursday, January 16, 2014

I Spy: Malachite Eggs, Farm Tables, Regency Knobs

Yesterday, I showed off my antiquing score but didn't share any of the other goodies I spotted while I was out and about! Williamsburg, as always, didn't disappoint.

At my first stop, The Velvet Shoestring, I was immediately drawn to this decorative faux-malachite egg. Totally useless, way too fancy for most houses, but damn it would spruce up a foyer table or bookshelf! This was $28.

I was also crushing on this antique farm table (my dream table!), starting at $899 and going down to $557 if it doesn't sell by April.

For the price of an ugly metal one, you could have a gorgeous wood file cabinet with cool pulls. $199 and price is dropping in the next couple months!

I did a bit of a double take when I saw this vase with a watercolor-y pattern. I can just picture it full of gorgeous irises. I unfortunately forgot the price, but I think it was under $30.

Later in the same day, I killed time before an appointment at my favorite place, Williamsburg Antique Mall. Here's some items that caught my eye this time around. This teak-and-glass carafe is straight out of Mad Men but looks like something you'd find at Anthropologie and is a super affordable $20.

I would love to pop this enamel Hollywood Regency doorknob set on a bathroom door. Everyone needs a little glamour in the morning, right? A great item with character for $32.50!

If you're an artist or, I dunno, a butcher in your spare time, this antique paper roller and cutter is super cool. I mean, heck, it could make paper towels more interesting. $87.

So the average tray tables are probably about $40, right? How about you skip that and grab an antique painted one with an eagle motif for a sweet $18? Makes eating those TV dinners a little better, right?

I was the smitten kitten over this burl wood jewelry box that swung out. Seriously gorgeous and would make an amazing gift. $50.

No comments: