Monday, August 5, 2013

Shopping in Savannah

Tired of Savannah recaps yet? Ha! I know, I should have probably been done with this by now, but life doesn't always slow down just because you want it to. More importantly, I would hate for any of y'all to go to Savannah and miss out on the must-stop shops!

 I tried on these fantastic glasses at One Fish Two Fish, an incredibly chic boutique where I wanted to buy everything (more on that after the jump). This is exactly what I plan to rock when I'm a senior citizen.

 I bought myself two souvenirs from One Fish Two Fish; first, a beautiful bangle by Spartina, a company based on Daufuskie Island, South Carolina. A portion of proceeds go to restoration of historic sites on the island! The company makes beautiful jewelry, scarves and textiles...Ashleigh and I were lusting after everything.

Their store had an incredible selection of candles, and we were digging the Rewined collections, with wine-scented candles. I bought a champagne and it smells divine! Thankfully not so girly that Sean can't enjoy it.

My favorite shopping stops after the jump!



The main shopping thoroughfare is Broughton Street, and you can truly while away the hours in no time walking its length. No trip to Savannah has ever been complete without a stop into The Paris Market & Brocante. When I went there for the first time in college, it was the most beautiful store I had ever entered! Not a single thing in the entire building is ugly...even their scissors are gorgeous! I couldn't resist their collection of rare, hard-to-find shells and had to scoop up a couple of the black and white ones.

I wanted to buy French baby clothes for all the mamas I know!

 Just down the street is the Savannah Bee Company store, which was so beautifully designed. You can sample honey with cheese, have a honey-based drink, even have a slice of honeycomb and if you're willing to take off your shoes, you can climb inside an adult-size hive!

Could this honey display look more delectable?

 One Fish Two Fish, located in the Downtown Design District on Whitaker Street, is just glorious. Like the Paris Market, nothing in there is ugly! We were oohing and aahing over displays of silver and mercury glass...

 And a room of blue-and-white everything!


And who can resist Schumacher's Chiang Mai dragon fabric?

We didn't buy anything there, but we loved the entire vibe of Sylvester & Co., a modern general store with exceptional design. The awnings are screenprints of a Savannah map...so clever, and definitely makes you double take as you walk down the street.

The entire store was full of simple, handsome versions of all the things we need (and some we just want) in our homes. A good reminder to make sure everything you buy from your home is of good quality and well-designed (not that it always works out that way).


No comments: