Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chicken with Avocado Ranch Sauce

 It consistently amazes me how many foods I hated until suddenly I didn't. Avocado, with its icky green color, was totally not on the "love it" list until a couple years ago, and I'm really just now starting to experiment more with it.

Last week, I made an avocado ranch sauce inspired by this one, which added great flavor and was a perfect counterpoint to the blackening spice. In a food processor, I mixed up one avocado, plain Greek yogurt and a pinch of Hidden Valley Ranch mix.

 I put it in a squeeze bottle I had, and ...let's just say I need to step up my food plating game.

But as much as I've expanded my food horizons, my hubby remains pretty stubborn. He was willing to try the sauce...this much. Bless him and his steadfast ways!

No comments: