Monday, April 15, 2013

Today I Like ... Labradorite

Did you ever go through the classic gemstone phase? I did. I was full-on obsessed with buying bags of minerals and tumbled gemstones and studying guidebooks and memorizing their names. I still have all of my gemstones, which I have gathered like a mini natural history museum display

Lately, I've been spotting lots of labradorite jewelry and I can't help but love it. It looks like the waters of Bora Bora, and I love the depth and variance in each stone. 

Labradorite occurs in igneous rock and is commonly found in Labrador, Canada. Here are some gorgeous examples of jewelry using the stone:

Labradorite


  1. Labradorite necklace by House of Harlow, $90 at Metropark.
  2. Necklace from Blue Nile, $215.
  3. Ring by Monica Vinader, $153 at The Outnet.
  4. Suspended earrings by Alexis Bittar, $225.
  5. Stacking ring by Robindira Unsworth, $100 at Les Pommettes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that necklace! Gorgeous!