Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

 We had the nicest, relaxing long Thanksgiving weekend. We had just enough time to zip up to Alexandria for the actual holiday, where Sean took his mission to wear out Maeve very seriously. She was tuckered out by lunch!

Sean dined on his favorite foods; I had absolutely no time to make anything this year, but did help put together this fig tart.

Then we had a little photo competition to see who could take the best phone picture of Miss Margaret's apple pie, which looked positively like something Jan Van Eyck would paint. And it was delicious to boot!

Sean had to work on Friday, so I only hit one Black Friday sale: the ABC store! Virginia's liquor stores extended their hours and had a deal that once you spent more than $50, your entire purchase was 10 percent off. That was a win!

I lounged around on Saturday and then Sean and I decorated, earlier than we EVER have before, and much more efficiently. I found a spot for my favorite new treasure, a small plaster bust from the Williamsburg Antique Mall. We listened to Christmas music, burned a holiday Nest candle that smelled amazing and when it was all over, settled in for a little treat:

Hot cocoa with Bailey's! So good. I'm so excited to enjoy the holiday season, and I got a LOT of online shopping done, so I'm already half-way finished. Even more time to enjoy with my husband, whose schedule will finally allow me to do much more cooking (so you'll be seeing more food-related posts around here again!). Hope your holiday was just as nice!

No comments: