Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Holiday Home 2012

For the first time in my entire life, we decorated before the calendar even flipped to December! I thought I'd share a few pictures. We have several perennial decorations: the glitter stars from our wedding, the mini tree I bought when I was 22.

But we have some new pieces, too! I've found that I really enjoy buying ornaments on our trips or ornaments with some significance to us. It's interesting because, inevitably, our future grandkids will toss them all out in a box b/c they don't understand the meaning, but whatevs. 

This year, we added this gold harp ornament to the tree, picked up in Ireland. It's made by the Wild Goose Studio, based in Kinsale in County Cork. 

We also added an ornament Sean bought me last year at Yankee Candle's flagship store here in Williamsburg. It's a blue mason jar, just like the ones we collected for our wedding. I love it.

I had an idea to grab one of my new Martha Stewart faux-shagreen boxes from Staples and steady my new bust on top. She has a classical feel that, in this case, reminds me of statues of the Virgin Mary. Normally, she reminds me of ladies from the turn of the century.

You best believe I've also been burning the crap out of my new holiday candle from Nest's line at Target. It smells like Christmas trees and magic!

And of course, I have sparkly stuff stashed all over the rest of the living room, including my Eiffel tower and some ornaments. I love this time of year because it's a good way to sneak a lot of sparkly girlyness into our home!

No comments: