Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Weekend in NJ/NY

 I just got back from a fabulous weekend trip to see my grandparents and visit pals in New York, with my favorite travel buddy, Ashleigh! I thought I'd share some pics from our visit, if you'd like to see.

On Saturday, my grandpa took us to the waterfront where I lived until I was about 4...it was radically different, but lovely. We had a very "This is Your Life" afternoon.

 We made time to head down to Freehold, where we had pizza at my favorite pizzeria ever, Federici's and hopped over to Cafe 360 for pumpkin pie and nutella gelato. It was scrumptious!

 On Sunday, we met up for brunch on the Upper West Side. We saw many charming pups on walks, and sweetly decorated stoops!

 Bret and I show off our brunch dishes at Arte Cafe, where we saw the actor who plays Mr. Fitz on "Pretty Little Liars" and proceeded to giggle for a solid two hours about it.

 They have bottomless drinks at brunch, and I thought you might need to know about that.

 Afterward, we went on a lovely stroll through Central Park, hitting all the classic spots: Bethesda Fountain...

 The Conservatory Water, and Belvedere Castle, too.

 We had just enough time to stop through the Met Museum, where we hit the Warhol exhibit.

 I was in love with the roof garden exhibit by Tomas Saraceno.

 I kinda want it in my future backyard. Best playground ever!

 We finished the night with a reunion of sorts with old friends at Barmarche in SoHo. Might I recommend the bacon hummus?

Ash and I drove home Monday, but we weren't content to let the fun end, so we drove a bit out of the way to Ocean City landmark Dumser's Dairyland, known for ice cream treats. I had a super-great peanut butter chocolate chip shake, the perfect cap to a great weekend.

No comments: