Friday, September 14, 2012

Jams of the Week

TV Jam: Pretty Little Liars
I'm pretty sure I couldn't be any later to this party, but this past weekend, I finally decided to see what the fuss was about over Pretty Little Liars...let's just say I've spent the week trying to find out who A is (DON'T SPOIL IT FOR ME!!!). If you haven't indulged yet, do it!

Music Jam: "Super Rich Kids"
I love Frank Ocean's entire album, but the standout track for me is "Super Rich Kids." The slow thump of the piano is straight outta the "Benny and the Jets" playbook, with clever lyrics to boot. It makes me bounce in my office chair.

Internet Jam: Rookie Mag's "Ask a Grown Man" column
I think Rookie is one of the best blogs/online mags out there, for any age group, but I really love that it's out there for today's teen girls. I still find it entertaining and educational, and my favorite is the "Ask a Grown Man" advice column. I was particularly touched and amused by how seriously BJ Novak took his duty to provide insight.

Fashion Jam: Christian Siriano
I've been gobbling up the runway shots on Style.com this past week, and I actually gasped when I saw this moment from the Christian Siriano runway. It's pure girly fairy tale Dior runway fabulosity...this is my idea of heaven.


No comments: