Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Translated: Florals into Organic Dining Room


Do you ever find yourself attracted to the same clothes and patterns all the time? I find myself reaching for striped sweaters every time I see one, and I'm still not sick of chevron decor. I want to challenge myself into drawing inspiration from the images I find beautiful, and seeing where it leads me. So, with that in mind, I wanted to start a new recurring feature I'm calling "Translated." Sometimes it might be a picture of art translated into a room, or an outfit or vice versa. 

Today, I'm drawing inspiration from Ariel Dearie Flowers, a lovely Brooklyn-based floral designer whose organic white-and-green arrangement caught my eye. I took inspiration from this image and translated it into an earthy and organic dining room:


Organic Dining



  1. Green vase, $32 at World Market.
  2. Paint in "Shale," by Serena & Lily.
  3. Vienna side chair, $119 at Crate and Barrel.
  4. Hammered pendant, $149 at Shades of Light.
  5. Gold cutlery (this kind is plastic, but ideally you'd have the real deal!)
  6. Kim Sebert crochet-edge napkin, $6 at Bloomingdales.
  7. Country trestle dining table, $849 (on sale) from Home Decorators.
  8. Pewter platter, $98 at Tabula Tua.
  9. Reed zinc chair, $149 at CB2.
  10. Allegra Hicks rug, (unfortunately on clearance) from West Elm.

No comments: