On a scale of one to 10, how obnoxious would it be if I told people my favorite color is celadon? I mean, you'd hate that person, right? No one wants to ask what someone's favorite color is and get back, "puce" or "carnelian" or "lapis." But here's the truth: sometimes there is only one name that fits for your favorite color, and at the moment, the only name that can describe my favorite shade of milky blue-green mint is celadon.
The name of the color comes from a type of glaze and ceramics ware made in China. It's the same color that graces the boxes of Laduree macarons...if that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is. Here are some celadon items that have caught my eye:
- Amazing iPhone cover, $35. I love how it looks like ceramics!
- Necklace, $36 from Bauble Bar.
- Earrings, $120 from etsy seller Catherine Nicole.
- Celadon bowl, $175 by CC Ceramics on etsy.
- Garden stool, available to the trade, but also sometimes pops up on One Kings Lane.
- Paint in "Rain" by Serena and Lily.
- Rug, $2,750 from Calypso St. Barth. (I would check Overstock for copycats at better prices!)