Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tex Mex Cheesy Chicken

 I've had this idea for a long time that a Mexican spin on Chicken Parmigiana could be a good idea. I decided to give it a stab Wednesday, minus any breading (as though that makes up for smothering something in cheese).

This can easily be filed under my easy-for-one, easy to keep ingredients on hand list. To start, I used taco seasoning as a rub, first lathering a chicken breast in olive oil, then rubbing in the seasoning. I pre-heated the oven to 450 while I did this.

Once the oven was preheated, I put the chicken breast in to bake for about 30 minutes.

Once I was satisfied the chicken was cooked, I poured taco sauce (salsa would work, too) in place of tomato sauce and covered it in Mexican shredded cheese, in place of parmesan.

I broiled the chicken until the cheese was good and melted, then sprinkled crushed tortilla chips on top for some crunch.


 It was totally tasty, but if I had it to do over again, I might marinate the chicken overnight, in either spices, lime juice and tequila or taco sauce. But it was still tasty; I'm adding this one to the canon of chicken-for-one weeknight meals!

No comments: