Tuesday, March 6, 2012

That Rug Really Tied the Room Together

Nothing too exciting to report in these parts, but I do have the tiniest of tiny makeovers to show. I bought my braided kitchen rug in like, 2005 and it's safe to say I'm pretty over it. The threads were starting to unravel a bit too (it was from Target) and I was admiring the new Moroccan-inspired patterned rug in my friend Melissa's kitchen.

So I was excited to spot this el cheapo $14 faux suzani rug at World Market. It has the blue shade that reflects all my robin's egg blue accessories (like the KitchenAid mixer), and still has the red to go with all my red accessories.

It does, as the Dude in The Big Lebowski would say, tie the room together.

In other news, I picked the paintbrush up again, with so-so results. It'll take time to ease back into the habit, you know?

No comments: