Thursday, November 10, 2011

Heirloom-worthy Holiday Decor

I think most of us have holiday decorations we just can't wait to pull out each year, no matter how much they've aged or how corny they might be. But are you like me, and kind of wish you could buy new decorations every year? It's a guilty pleasure, and I KNOW I don't need any more holiday decorations, but here's some pretties that are working their way onto my Dear Santa list:

Diamond Star lights, $24 at Terrain.

Blooming lights, $38 at Terrain.


Twelve Bells Chime, $24 at Terrain


How beautiful is this milky glass ornament? Candy orb, $14 at Anthropologie.

Forest Story Deer ornament, $14 at Anthro.


Wouldn't this monagrammed locket ornament be the best gift for someone? $19 at Pottery Barn.


Indoor or outdoor, these mercury glass lanterns would make everything sparkle. $6.50 to $69 at Pottery Barn.

Don't worry...I'm not decorating before Thanksgiving or anything! But I am trying to think a little proactively about holidays, which is why I'm planning on posting gift ideas the week before Thanksgiving since so many of us will start our shopping that weekend.

Do you guys have a favorite holiday decoration? I haven't seen it in years, so I assume my parents have it, but I cherished a wooden reindeer my 1st grade teacher's husband made for everyone in my class. It was so sweet and unique.



1 comment:

Laura R. said...

those decorations from Terrain are to die for! my LEAST favorite decoration is an ornament someone made my parents from an old cloth diaper. It's a huge dried up piece of cloth with the manger scene stamped into it. I made my mom throw it away a few years ago. my new favorite is my stuffed reindeer - he came just in time for last year's party. I'm excited to see him again.
http://lrennie.blogspot.com/search/label/party