Monday, September 19, 2011

Emmys 2011: What I Would Wear

For the Oscars, I shared some ideas of what I would wear. Obviously, I loved lots of the Emmy dresses and would love to get my grubby little hands on them, but here are some other gowns that I think deserve some screen time. All pictures of gowns are from Elle.com.

If I Were ... A Cast Member for Nominated Show


This Monique Lhuillier gown is a gorgeous color for fall, with an interesting neckline. It's perfect for someone who wants to get noticed, but understands it's not her spotlight just yet. Imagine the beautiful bronzed makeup that could go with it!

I'd pair it with these delicate gold Etruscan Revival earrings from Doyle and Doyle. Otherwise, I'd keep it minimal. 

If I Were ... a Presenter

This is like a great Marlene Dietrich/Jessica Rabbit type of dress. Very va-va-va-voom, so I'd pair it with classic Veronica Lake wavy hair, red lips and dramatic eyelashes. Black can be boring, but not in this cut, which is so sexy.

These lovely Victorian Malachite earrings from Doyle and Doyle would swing and dance from the lobes, catching the eye but not distracting from a pretty face. 

It's a little different and edgy, but I love this leather and silk chiffon Derek Lam dress. It's kind of southwest glamourous, and I love the idea of leather for a fall ceremony (although I heard all the celebs saying it was HOT). I can imagine this being perfect on Claire Danes or Anna Paquin.

Slide on an antique turquoise Snake cuff from 1st Dibs and I'd be ready to go.

If I Were ... A Nominee


The blue might get a little lost on camera, but I love the idea of shining like the night sky on my big night. This Elie Saab is romantic, flattering and classic...I can imagine it looking amazing on some of the curvier girls, like Christina Hendricks, Sofia Vergara or Kate Winslet.

For something a little less expected, I'd pair my night sky dress with this moonstone and diamond necklace, found on 1st Dibs.

What do you think? Would I still end up on your worst dressed list? What's something you'd like to see on the red carpet that never seems to end up there?

No comments: