Monday, June 13, 2011

Cute Clothes at ... Talbots?!


There are certain places I just never expected to find clothes I like. Part of that was because I looked at them through my youth-colored glasses, but I've also noticed that it seems like everyone is getting a hipper make-over. It started with J.Crew, trickled down to LOFT, then to LL Bean and Land's End and now, Talbot's. It's particularly wonderful that Talbot's has a slightly hipper look because they also have sizes for hippier ladies, who often get left out of the cute clothes revolution. Here are a few clothes that caught my eye on their site. Above, the striped Adriana dress, $119.


I love the gauzy fullness of the pintuck skirt, $89. It comes in this lovely petal color, but also a pretty mint, white and black.


This lean, but loose Pique skirt, $79.50, is the perfect skirt to go from the office straight to happy hour. It comes in green for regular sizes and yellow for woman sizes.


And maybe it's because I'm always on the hunt for work clothes, but I love the zing these twill skimmers could bring to the office. $69.50.

Now tell me the truth: did Talbot's get cute or did I get old?

No comments: