Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Spy: Wilmington Edition


Oh my gosh, do ya'll ever have one of those weeks? Well I've had two of them, so this post is SERIOUSLY delayed. But I thought, what the heck, let's take a break and go virtually shopping in Wilmington, shall we?

My friend Sarah knows my love of somewhat questionable roadside antique spots, so she took me by Recollections Antique Village, a sort of hybrid between the classic antique mall you love and the neighbor's junky yard that might hold treasures. It has several small buildings out back and a yard full of stuff, so it's definitely a place you have to hunt around a bit.


If I had been in my own car, I would have been ALL OVER this chrome standing lamp. I love that it's a little bit '70s, a little bit '30s. It could go with literally any decor, in my opinion because of its classic shape. They also had two little table lamps in the set.


Another of the little houses had lots of shabby chic painted pieces. I particularly like the minty dresser in the back.


Is it wrong I kind of love this paint-by-number? I love the colors and think it could actually look really awesome either on a gallery wall or in a little girl's room. It just has a sense of whimsy and a respect for ladies who work!


And I'm kind of regretting passing by these black and white lamps...sorta tropical and classic and super unique and only 18 bucks. If you're in the Wilmington area, put me out of my misery and go give these a great home! I picture them with these gold lampshades.


And if you're in need of some church crowns, they've got those, too.


In downtown Wilmington, we all hit the jackpot at Return Passage, a sister store to boutique Island Passage. It sells discounted designer duds, and Jamie found this gorgeous tunic!


For a consignment/discount store, it's very chic.


For fun T-shirts and Urban Outfitters-style oddities, head to Planet. I particularly liked the Piggly Wiggly shirt, which reminds me of childhood.


Planet also sells great local art; I was tempted to buy one of these little assemblages but we have a bit of an art overload problem at our house right now!


At Edge of Urge, you can get all the cool kid clothes and accessories, plus more local art. I particularly liked these works, which are prints of embroidery projects. 

All in all, Wilmington is packed with fun little surprises, and for the happy antiquer, it could keep you busy for days!

No comments: