Friday, April 15, 2011

The Greatest Scissors I've Ever Seen


I just ordered a pair of these scissors, called "scizzas," from Dreamfarm, an amazing Australian design firm that specializes in cool kitchen tools. The scizza has one side that sits flat while the other blade cuts, making it perfect for pizza, fabric, wrapping paper and the like. I am terrible at cutting straight and the moment I saw it, I knew it was for me. For $17, I'll be cutting pretty.

Before you wonder why I would pay shipping from Australia, let me introduce you to another cool thing. Design Story collects the greatest design products in the world and sells them at a discount to members who join their site. It's sort of like Mint or Gilt for home products, and it's free to join. I joined a while back but this is the first item I've purchased. 

P.S. If you'd like to get an invitation to Design Story (which would earn me some points!), send me an e-mail at amberfiona(at)gmail.

No comments: