Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wilmington, N.C. Eats


I dashed down to Wilmington, North Carolina this weekend to visit my friend Sarah. We ended up eating at two great spots for simple, good food. Nothing too fancy, but still intriguing, and left me thinking about ways to make these foods at home. At Pita Delite, I had delicious roasted red pepper and smoked gouda soup that still has my mouth watering. It came with a Greek salad and warm pita bread and was so. fabulous. I'm always happy when I eat relatively healthy, too!


While walking downtown, we stopped into Kilwin's, a national candy chain, and I nearly gave myself cavities chewing on this white chocolate-covered rice krispie bar.


And for dinner, we headed to Wrightsville Beach to eat at Sweet and Savory. The ambiance was comfortable and family-friendly, but with slightly upscale food. For an appetizer, we ordered the dip trio, where again, I indulged in the amazing roasted red pepper and chevre dip. Roasted red pepper = my new favorite thing ever.


Here's a sandwich I'll be recreating at home: turkey, havarti, Granny Apple slices and honey dijon on a croissant. Mmmmmmmm. I want to go to there.

No comments: