Friday, January 28, 2011

Today I Like ... Mamma Mia's Bright Colors


I know I'm only, oh, three years behind on this one, but did you know "Mamma Mia" is surprisingly stylish? I happened to catch it on TV this week and although the movie itself was only so-so, I was swooning over the mix of textiles in the Greek villa owned by Meryl Streep's character. Embroidery aplenty, fun painted furniture, crazy upholstery, flat-weave rugs...sigh.


I loved the milky blue walls and the electric painted sofa, with candy striped upholstery.


The best part? Meryl Streep's character has a fantasy sequence in which she collapses on a pile of gorgeous Josef Frank botanical prints. I have the same fantasy sequences, too, Meryl!

Get the Look...


1) Antique iron headboard, $975 at American Iron Bed Company.
2) Josef Frank "Aralia" pillow, $198 at Just Scandinavian.
3) Thonet ebonized bentwood rocker, from Christies, BUT they pop up all over Craigslist and at antique malls.
4) Benjamin Moore's Rocky Mountain Sky
5) Red Otomi fabric, $265 from Jacaranda Home.
6) Red Stripe Dhurrie, $159 to $499 from Jaipur Home.

No comments: