Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Books Little Amber Would Have Wanted



Katie at The Neo-Traditionalist recently posted about a couple of illustrated books that I would have died over when I was a little girl obsessed with bygone eras.

The top one is Mrs. Kennedy Goes Abroad, which features illustrations of Jackie Kennedy's travels as a First Lady. They were painted, and offered as gifts, by French artist Jacqueline Duheme in 1961. The book came out in 1998, and I apparently just missed it! If I were decorating a nursery for a little girl, I'd totally buy a two copies, one to frame the images and one to read! (I'm NOT decorating a nurseries any time soon.)

The bottom one is a new release called Just Being Audrey. It's a children's book about Audrey Hepburn (of course!) that focuses on how her childhood trials and tribulations (growing up in wartime Holland; big feet; a long neck) made her the celebrated beauty she became. Super cute!

No comments: