Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Thankful List

Things I am thankful for:
  1. My husband, who manages to survive living with a scorpio Latina, who cheerfully doesn't ask questions when I don't feel like cooking, who cleans the dishes even when he didn't get to eat whatever I cooked, who cleans his bathroom more than I clean mine, who will drive an hour with me to pick up an antique chair off Craigslist, then kill time driving around neighborhoods, fantasizing about our future dream house.
  2. My family, who truly rose to the occasion for our wedding and made me proud to call them mine. I might be biased, but I think my parents and grandparents are just the best. They dance, they sing, they laugh at my jokes, they make funny jokes, and we can talk about anything from "Peanuts" to the cap-and-trade legislation.
  3. My friends, who overwhelm me with their love. I recently turned 26 and if there is one wonderful thing that comes with each year, it's further acceptance of who I am, what makes me unique, what my faults are and where my strengths lie. I couldn't do that without friends who challenge me, accept me and help me be my best me.
  4. You faithful folks who read my ramblings on this old blog of mine.
  5. Cheese. Seriously. It ranks in my top 5 things I'm thankful for.
  6. Health.
  7. A job that challenges me, interests me and keeps me in the loop.
  8. My relationship with the little girl I mentor, and how much more confident she's made me around children. Maybe I'd actually be a good mom someday?
  9. The Internet. Srsly. The ability to have access to everything is just beyond.
  10. The freedom to do what I want, say what I want, go where I want and be whoever I want. It's a wonderful gift and I try not to take it for granted.
What are you thankful for this year? My list is pretty darn corny, but it's true. I'm spending Thanksgiving with my new in-laws and I've deemed myself the macaroni-and-cheese maker. I'm pretty excited about it.

1 comment:

gina-mom said...

i will always be most thankful for YOU... and then cheese... and chocolate... and my storehouse of useless trivia