Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pioneer Woman's Cajun Chicken Pasta

We recently took a small step for Sean, a giant step for our relationship.

Sean ... wait for it ... tried a cream sauce!!!!!

I know, I know...it's not like he's Anthony Bourdain all of a sudden. But if you knew the depths of his dislike for cream sauces, or really any sauces, you'd know how huge it was when he said he would try Pioneer Woman's Cajun Chicken Pasta.

I won't try to do a better job of explaining how to make this dish than Ree, whose photography and writing is really worth a click over. But enjoy the pictures and know that you, too, can concur your mate's fears!

If I had done anything differently, I would have seasoned the chicken more. My cajun seasoning contained salt, so I was very hesitant to give it a good shake.

Cook the chicken up at a really high heat and set it aside.

I suck at slicing tomatoes. Just wanted to show you my lack of skillz and also, how awful my knives are.

This dish involves a lot of butter. And cream. This is where I should say something about how I then ran on the treadmill but that is bullshit. I then watched television.

Saute the peppers, onions and garlic in the buttery oily goodness, then remove, placing on the same plate as the chicken.

I got this adorable chardonnay juice box for cooking purposes, which is a great option if you don't consume wine fast enough in your house.

Add the wine, plus chicken broth, to the pot.

Then add cream and let it bubble up and reduce.

Then toss your veggies and chicken in with the cream and watch the juices mix like magic.

Then, if you're like me, get some of that excess cream out of there in hopes your mate won't recoil with horror.

Toss in the pasta and let the sauce thicken.

And voila!

Sean thought it was "okay." That's a start, at least.

No comments: