Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Artwork by Dolan Geiman


I love the mixed media artwork of Dolan Geiman, a bonafide country boy from Waynesboro, Va.

I just returned from the Shenandoah Valley (pictures forthcoming now that my comp is back in business!) and I find myself wishing I had bought more beautiful artwork when I lived there. When I worked in Staunton, we did an article about Dolan's work; his momma is a well-known artist in the Waynesboro area, too, and their artwork is about as different as night and day.

He told our reporter he was inspired by his country upbringing now that he lives in Chicago; I can certainly relate. His mixed media pieces with wood are especially fantastic, but especially out of my price range, as well.

You can get some lovely little prints at his etsy store, though.

No comments: