Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today I like ... Historic Hairsdos

My hair hates bobby pins. In a wrestling match, my hair always wins and always weasels its way out of any bobby pins' grasp.

But I can't help wishing I could pile it on top of my head and emerge with romantic hairdos like I see everywhere lately. Check out some of these lovely historic hairsdos:

I love the architecture of Virginia Woolf's hair in this shot. Plop a rhinestone hairpin in that bun and she'd be evening-ready!

I've spent the whole weekend trying to twist my hair like Vanessa Bell's in this shot. No luck yet; I need about eight more arms!

Look at these darling braids and hair bows! Proof nothing is new; it all comes back.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I used to braid my sister's hair all the time. Now she shaves her head. :(