Friday, December 18, 2009

Feta-Stuffed Chicken

Chicken breasts are a staple in our freezer. They're easy to prepare for one or two people and versatile. But they can also be really, really boring.

I'm always trying to find new and creative ways to make chicken breasts. I've done Lemon Chicken Scalloppini, Chicken Scalloppine, Chicken Parmigiana, Kansas City BBQ Chicken, and Moroccan Spiced Chicken. And they were all good. But I wanted something different.

So I found this recipe for Feta-Stuffed Chicken through Foodgawker. It was one of the five times in my life I actually had all of the ingredients on hand, so I happily mixed cream cheese, feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes to stuff inside a chicken breast.

Um...ew. Chicken is gross. Anyways, I sliced from the fattest side to create a pocket.

Then stuffed the pocket with the cheese mixture.

I browned the meat in the skillet, then transfered to the oven to bake for about 25 minutes until cooked throughout.

Mmmm. Cheese-stuffed chicken. The verdict: It was good, but not as good as I thought it would be. I LOVE feta and was disappointed to see that the sun-dried tomatoes really overpowered its saltiness. The rest of the chicken also didn't have much flavor, so next time I might try to season it a little more.

REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS: SALMON EDITION
I was recently gifted with a bag full of wild salmon from my boss. As we've discussed before, I have little to no experience cooking fish, but I know many of you are salmon lovers, SO would you do a gal a favor and leave me recipes or links to recipes in the comments section? Or you can e-mail me at newlydomesticated(at)gmail.com. I'll choose the ones that sound most appealing and we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Chanelle said...

per eating tons of salmon as a kid in alaska, i recommend that you smoke it. delicious! but unfortunately i don't have a smoker or even a recipe, because i was only nine...

Amber said...

Chanelle, that's the funniest comment ever.