Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dwindling Excitement

I've heard of brides going through this, but I never expected it to happen to me.

I've got the blues. I'm having a hard time getting excited about the planning like I thought I would. It was fun those first two months, when I was trying to imagine what it would look like. But once I figured out that part, and the execution has fallen on my shoulders, I'm seized with the urge to either put the wedding off or elope. Not good, huh?

We're only a little less than a year away, but I'm already convinced the time in my hourglass is draining faster than I realize. I know it's not, but that's how it feels. The only thing more daunting than my to-do list is my budget.

Did you guys feel this way when you planned your nuptials? Don't get me wrong; I know it's going to be amazing and I AM excited. I just have a case of the mean reds coming on and I can't seem to remember to:
  • Find a caterer
  • Find a DJ
  • Order my dress
  • Find a florist
  • Confirm with officiant
  • Meet with rental company

I think I need to get moving on this soon. Any advice on how to tackle this stuff?

1 comment:

ginamom said...

you're doing fine... don't stress... you have time to take a week off and not deal with it if that's what you need... you know your party capabilities are far superior to many peoples... you can do it... love you!