Friday, July 17, 2009

A Window Perch

OMFG, how much do you want this window seat, shown on Apartment Therapy yesterday? 

I can't remember where the dream came from, but I've wanted a window seat for as long as I can remember. I think Anne of Green Gables had one in one of the books and it just sounded like the best. thing. ever. My last apartment had a window like that, but I'm no carpenter and it was a rental, so I did not end up creating the window seat of my dreams. 

Sigh. Another dream deferred.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I've always wanted a window seat too, but I've never seen one as cute as this.

Unknown said...

omg I LOVE IT!

KY said...

Omg I love it, too bad I don't have a window like that!

Bret said...

didnt dorothy jan torkelson have one?? and clarissa?

Amber said...

YES! I bet money the inspiration was the Torkelsons, now that you mention it.

gina-mom said...

i think the craving is genetic... every dream house i've ever designed had a windowseat!