Friday, June 19, 2009

Kansas City BBQ Chicken

As some of you may remember, my friend Laura brought me authentic Kansas City BBQ sauce and I had no idea what to do with it. Many people suggested trying chicken doused with it, so I decided to go for it. 

I found one simple recipe online that said to fry boneless chicken breasts in a stick of butter, which sounded insane to me. I grew up in the opposite of a Paula Deen household — we only used margarine and I especially have always used very little. So I sliced up a little less than a full stick, melted it and hoped I wouldn't die later today. 

The recipe said to fry up the chicken, then pour sauce over it and let it simmer for 20 minutes. 

At first, the chicken was a little tough to cut, which made me very nervous. With the exception of broiled chicken, every time I have made chicken breasts, they have been dry. But this was perfect

I served the chicken with garlic- and onion-seasoned roasted potatoes (out of a bag; I'm no Martha Stewart) and it was a delicious meal. Of course, I was full after 10 minutes, but delicious just the same. 

The BBQ sauce, by the way, was amazing. Tangy, sweet with a spicy bite and because the chicken turned out so well, this was one of my favorite meals. 

1 comment:

ashleigh t. said...

I'm on my phone and wanted to leave a comment on the past three blogs. I love the ballon necklace and the butterfly bouquet!! This chicken also sounds super good! Call me tomrw if u want to go to the movies and cheesecake factory!!