Friday, April 24, 2009

If I were a rich girl ...

Anyone who knows me well knows that I've been planning my wedding since I was three years old.

And I don't mean abstractly.

I mean, I've been casting and recasting my bridesmaids at all the different stages of my life; planning the music; imagining my first dance.

And as time has marched on, my taste in wedding gowns has shifted radically and now I can't seem to find my dream dress at all. So for now, I'm playing "If I were a rich girl ...," where I figure out exactly what I'd wear if money were no object.



I'd wear this sweet column by Giambattista Valli. It reminds me of Jackie Kennedy's inauguration dress.



Or this Grecian goddess dress by Carolina Herrera.



Or this fluffy Oscar de la Renta.



Or, my all-time dream dress, this Melissa Sweet tea-length gown.



Or this Big Bird-gets-married Angel Sanchez. (I mean that in a good way!)



And no fantasy ensemble would be complete without the Louboutins. Sigh. A dream deferred.

2 comments:

Aliya said...

LOVE the Carolina Herrera gown!

Sara said...

The second one is similar to my ideal beach wedding dress. I am so excited about all the wedding prep.